Lindsey's Blog

Monday, April 03, 2006

I Wonder How I'm Getting Home

So, I don't have a car right now. I decided to sell it, and it is now up at my parents house, I believe, waiting to be parked in front of my mom's work on a busy road. I hope someone buys it soon! And for as much as I want. In the mean time, I am saving up for a new car; I'm thinking possibly a Honda Civic. Right now, carless, I am depending on other people for rides. I made arrangements earlier today to start riding to work with a guy who lives near me. He was supposed to take me home today. He said he normally leaves around 5, but it is almost 5:30 and I have not seen or heard from him. I sent him an email, which he didn't answer, but I don't want to go and pester him since he is doing me a favor and he might be busy working. I hope he didn't forget about me! I'll wait a little longer. The nice thing is I live very close to where I work. It takes about 20 minutes to walk here, and a little less than 10 to bike. The one drawback is the very busy road that scared me last time I biked across during rush hour. 4 lanes, no crosswalk. Other people I work with do it all the time; they are braver than I am. Today it is also cold and rainy. I hope the weather cheers up soon. I am ready for spring. It is is supposed to be sunny tommorow, but then more thunderstorms later this week.
By the way, I noticed when I published my first post that the posted time displayed is not the same time that I have. I wonder what time zone it's displaying, and how I can change. Slowly but surely I will learn how to use blogger!

2 Comments:

At 4/04/2006 11:12 AM, Blogger McNulty said...

Linds! Like the blog. Let me know if you ever need a ride by the way. You live so close to work, I don't mind picking you up (although I am only in town another week & a half until it's back to Thailand...)
Yeah! Go for a Honda Civic by the way. That's what I drive now and I love it. Okay, back to work...thanks for the distraction :)

 
At 7/20/2006 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home