Lindsey's Blog

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Hot Hot Hot

Sunday I went to the Indy 500 for the first time. It just seems like the kind of thing you should do when you live here. I went with some folks from work, and it was so fun, but it was so hot, in the 90s and humid. We got to the race about 8:30am, found a nice patch of grass where we could sweat and drink beer, chatted, laughed at the marching bands and the drunk people all around, enjoyed all the pre-race festivities. At 1pm the race started--we ran up to the fence, clinging onto the chain link as we watch the cars make there first few laps. This is all fun. After the first few laps however the cars become a whirring blur. The sun and the humidity and the beer have turned my mind into mush, so I sit on the blanket in a complete daze, reapplying sunscreen every 5 minutes. So fun though!! Even though we didn't stay till the end.

In other news, I have decided that reading my blog is boring to me, and probably to most anyone else who reads it. I like writing it, but re-reading my posts is horrible! Not funny and entertaining and interesting like the other blogs I read. So it is time for blog makeover!!! No more recounting the specific details of my everyday life..."So I went to the grocery store to buy bread; I couldn't decide between the whole grain bread and the multi grain bread..." Blah! Instead this blog is now reserved for the funny, important, and meaningful events of my life, with perhaps more commentary on things in the news, movies I watched, books I read, etc. At the same time I hope to keep the "realness" that Brandon says my blog has--a real compliment. I don't know how good a job I'm doing with this post, but hopefully there will be a slight improvement.

So, what do all the other super hip blogs have? A cool name! Any suggestions for a cool blog name? I'm guessing I have 4 readers max, so the competition is stiff! Leave a comment with you blog name suggestions and you might have the honor of re-naming my blog.

1 Comments:

At 7/20/2006 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home