Lindsey's Blog

Friday, May 26, 2006

Trips

So, the trips I mentioned before...seeing my family on Mothers Day weekend was fun. The girls went into the city on Saturday--Chicago is so awesome and wonderful. We saw Wicked. I liked it a lot. I like the story and the music, and I thought the effects were really cool for some of the scenes. I think that you can tell it is adapted from a book though--some of the character development happens really fast, for no apparent reason, like they had to cut stuff out. I haven't read the book, so I'm not sure how similar they are.

Washington DC was very cool too. It's one of the first places that I've gone for work where there is actually a lot of stuff to do. I didn't stay in the city; I was at a hotel in Old Town Alexandria, which is a very cool place. In Alexandria there are lots of shops, restaurants, etc. It is a good place to just walk around. In DC I get to see/do some of the usual tourist stuff; tourist stuff, but still interesting: White House; Peace Rally with singing and dancing; Washington Monument; WWII Memorial; Korean War Memorial; Lincoln Memorial. Traveling for work is like taking a vacation preview. Somebody else pays for you to go to some other location, and you get to decide if it is worth paying to go back there when you're not working. I would go back to DC, Old Town Alexandria for sure.

By the way, sorry about my last ranting type post. It was one of those days where you just feel like crying or throwing up because you are so stressed out. I am feeling somewhat better about work now.

1 Comments:

At 7/20/2006 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home