Lindsey's Blog

Monday, June 12, 2006

Zoo

This weekend Brandon and I treated his almost 11-year old sister to a weekend of birthday fun. We didn't end up going to the World's Largest Water Balloon Fight, because it was cold and wet, and we were too busy doing other stuff. We went to the Indy Zoo and White River Gardens, and then to see Deep Sea 3D at the Imax theatre. The gardens are so beautiful, and there are so many! It would probably be really cool on a sunny day when there isn't a gallon of water in your shoes. And the 3D Imax movie was incredible! It was narrated by Kate Winslet and Johnny Depp, and was so cool and interesting. It costs the same as going to a regular movie. The show is not quite as long, but it so much cooler--totally worth it. Now the zoo, I'm not sure how I feel about the zoo. I like seeing the animals, and I think it can be a great educational place. I'm glad that endangered species can be kept safe and bred at zoos. But, at the same time, it seems to me, someone who is really not educated in animal behavior, that most of the animals just don't have enough room! Not that they are in really tiny cages, but when you think about the thousands of miles that many animals roam throughout the year, there is really no way a zoo can replicate that for all of the animals. I don't really know enough about it; I'm just not sure how I feel about the zoo. If you are making a trip to the Indy zoo, be sure to check out the dolphin dome. Standing in the dome, you look up into the dolphin tank. You can see the dolphins swimming by, and the light coming through the water creates an awesome effect. Very peaceful, except for the constant shushing. Shhhh, shhhhhhhhhhhhh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home