Lindsey's Blog

Friday, July 21, 2006

Strange Comments

Lately I have been getting spammed with blog comments like "Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future" and "Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked." These odd comments from an anonymous source first appeared on my blog a few weeks ago. There were a few comments randomly spread across different entries. All of the entries were in the past, so I wouldn't have even noticed if I didn't get an email everytime someone leaves a comment. Skip ahead to this morning...I go to work, check my email, and see that some comments have been made on my blog. They are all these weird "complimentary" spam comments. I count the emails as I delete them--160! Very annoying way to start the day. Here's the thing I don't get, what is the point of this comment spam? They are not advertising anything, they don't contain links to other sites...is annoyance their sole purpose? Anyway, I have turned on word verification for comments to prevent future spam.

In other news, I had a very lovely trip to Harleysville, PA this week. It is a nice area--small towns scattered through farmland. Lots of trees, it was very pretty to drive through. The people at the bank were so nice, and the hotel had an outdoor pool. It was nice to go swimming during the heatwave that seems to be sweeping the entire country. On the way home I was supposed to have a layover in Atlanta, and then fly to Indy. Well my first flight was delayed, causing me to miss my connection, the last flight to Indy until morning. But, one of my high school friends lives in Atlanta, and picked me up at the airport. We haven't seen each other in a couple of years, so we went out all night, then he took me back to the airport and he went to class. It was so fun, and the best possible ending to missing my connection, but I am still not fully recovered from our all-night bender followed by uncomfortable plane ride. I'm glad it's the weekend soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home