Lindsey's Blog

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

And the Fun Never Stops

I am very tired from all the traveling I've done in the last few days, but it I had such a good time it's worth it. Late Thursday night I got back from McLean, VA, where I was working last week.
On Friday Brandon and I drove up to my parents house, in the western Chicago suburbs. Saturday morning we all went up to Wisconsin, to visit my grandparents. We played with the dogs and my cousins' little kids, went boating, played dice and "hillbilly golf," witnessed some of the worst karaoke of our lives, and ate lots of my grandma's homecooked food. It was so fun. I love going to visit them. Sunday afternoon Brandon, my brother, the dog, and I all piled into my car and headed back to Illinois, to my brother's house for a night of drinking, hanging out, and playing video games. Also, sleeping on the floor--woo! Monday morning we left my brother's and headed back to Indianapolis, for lunch at Brandon's mom's. We had more homecooked food, visited, played with the dogs, jumped on the trampoline, and played croquet, which I won.
Then finally on Sunday night, tired, full, and happy, we headed back home. We relaxed and cuddled with kitty, and everything was wonderful. But my body must've broken down from the exhaustion, because I suddenly had a terrible stomache, and urinary tract infection, and a cold all at once. It was awesome! And the pill cocktail was delicious!
This morning I woke up very tired, and very crappy feeling. But, I ate a good breakfast, have eaten healthy all day, drank tons of water, and taken lots of generic Airborne, so I'm not feeling too terrible. But the best thing is is that tonite, Brandon, who also has a cold, is going to go running with me (exercise always makes me feel better when I have a cold), and then we are going to watch a movie. Yay--relaxation! At home! Being home is so good after being away, especially if you are sick. I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home